TESOL Planet provides the TESOL Teaching community with current TESOL teaching jobs, TESOL Teacher Training, and TESOL Information for those English speaking teachers looking to Teach English as a Second Language around the world. TESOL planet is here to help all TESOL teachers make informed choices about their TESOL teaching career.
Welcome to TESOL Planet!
Amity Corporation is a leader in the field of English conversation education for children in Japan. With over 85 branch schools throughout Japan, Amity has provided international teaching opportunities for more than a decade.
Amity offers exciting opportunities for enthusiastic professionals who enjoy
working with children.
Amity Teachers have the unique opportunity to gain invaluable teaching skills as well as international business experience. The responsibilities of an Amity Teacher include, but are not limited to the following:
• Plan and teach fun, student-centered English conversation lessons to students ages 6 months to 18 years old using Amity teaching methods
• Maintain regular communication with parents regarding weekly lessons
• Interview and counsel prospective students
• Support the growth and development of the branch school through various marketing responsibilities
• Maintain daily communication with students and parents in the branch school lobby
• Prepare progress records during specified periods throughout the school year
• BA/BS degree; all majors considered
• Native Level Speaker of English
• Desire and ability to work with young children (predominantly elementary school age and below)
Other Helpful Attributes:
• Teaching experience or background in education
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Willingness to learn and apply Amity’s teaching methods
• Ability to thrive in a fast paced environment and adapt to cultural differences
• Ability to work and make contributions in a team environment
• Commitment to student satisfaction and success
• Sales/customer service experience
• Japanese language ability
• Competitive salary
• Visa sponsorship
• One week of paid training
• Japanese national holidays and three set vacation periods
• Subsidized, fully furnished apartment
• Health and pension insurance through the Japanese Social Insurance System
• Contract completion bonus
• Transportation stipend upon completion of final contract
How to Apply:
• For more details about teaching English to children in Japan with Amity or to apply online, visit our
website at www.amityteachers.com
Or, email the following documents to the Los Angeles office:
• Current resume
• One-page essay titled, "Why I Want To Teach English to Children In Japan" (500+ word minimum)
Resumes sent without an essay will not be considered.