TESOL Planet provides the TESOL Teaching community with current TESOL teaching jobs, TESOL Teacher Training, and TESOL Information for those English speaking teachers looking to Teach English as a Second Language around the world. TESOL planet is here to help all TESOL teachers make informed choices about their TESOL teaching career.
Welcome to TESOL Planet!
About I Can Read
I Can Read teaches ESL and English Literacy to students aged 2.5–15 years old through our fun and unique teaching methodology. We teach all areas of ESL, combined with our unique approach to phonology and literacy to give students all the skills needed to be confident and proficient in English. Classes are designed to be interactive, activity based and focused on individual student needs and progress.
Our curriculum and methodology were designed over 15 years of research by education psychologists, and we have been enriching the lives of students in Asia for over 17 years.
We provide a comprehensive training programme, plus all the curriculum and materials you need to teach exciting lessons.
We have learning centres in 9 countries and offer opportunities for professional growth and career advancement.
Find out more at www.icanread.asia
- Teaching speaking and listening skills using our ICR ESL curriculum and materials
- Teaching pre-reading skills to children using our unique literacy system
- Teaching reading and comprehension skills
- Teaching writing skills including grammar, narratives, editing and publishing
- Teaching oral presentation and communication skills
- Help children develop social skills and positive classroom behaviour
- Conducting pre-enrolment assessments for new students
- Participate in marketing events occasionally
- 5-day working week (usually Wednesday to Sunday) with 2 consecutive days off mid-week
- Maximum 40 hour working week
- Maximum 25 teaching hours per week
- Maximum 15 hours admin work/marketing events per week
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary: RMB 15,000 to 20,000 (gross) per month (depending on qualifications, experience and location in China)
- Accommodation allowance RMB 2,500 per month or accommodation provided
- Free arrival accommodation of 14 days provided
- Airport pick-up on arrival to China
- End of contract bonus: 1-month base salary
- End of contract flight reimbursement up to RMB 6,500
- 10 days paid annual leave plus all Chinese national holidays
- 5 days medical leave
- Legal Work Visa provided
- Health Insurance provided
- Comprehensive training programme provided before teaching commencement (RMB 1,500 paid) plus periodic curriculum update training
- All curriculum material provided and ongoing academic support
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Teaching certificate required (B.Ed, TESOL/TEFL, CELTA/DELTA etc)
- Native English speaker
- from USA, UK, Ireland, Canada, South Africa, Australia or New Zealand
- Teaching experience preferred
- Clean criminal background check
- Happy to work with young learners from 2.5 years old and above