TESOL Planet provides the TESOL Teaching community with current TESOL teaching jobs, TESOL Teacher Training, and TESOL Information for those English speaking teachers looking to Teach English as a Second Language around the world. TESOL planet is here to help all TESOL teachers make informed choices about their TESOL teaching career.
Welcome to TESOL Planet!
Peace Corps Response positions are open to returned Volunteers or U.S. citizens with significant professional and technical experience.
Two Peace Corps Response Volunteers are needed to serve as English Research Advisors for the University of Rwanda. A partnership between the University of Rwanda and Peace Corps has existed since 2015. There is a pressing need to expand the partnership to research and capacity-building activities. Many of the staff in the center for language enhancement are junior researchers/lecturers who need the expertise of experienced researchers/lecturers to share experiences, guide them and partner with them in research activities that will help them gain knowledge and experience to successfully deliver and advance in their academic career as well as improved teaching by lecturers and researchers.
English Research Advisors with a PhD in English-related fields and experience in higher learning, research and producing publications are needed to build the capacity of university lecturers/junior staff on research methodologies and writing and publishing academic/journal articles. The volunteer will:
• Share knowledge and expertise related to English language teaching/learning through regular professional development activities such as lecturing, seminars and workshops
• Involve and advise staff in designing and carrying out research projects
• Update and advise junior staff in developing and updating teaching materials
• Train staff in research methodology in the areas of teaching and learning in higher education, English language teaching/learning etc.
• Train and coach staff in writing academic/journal articles for publication
• Partner, train, mentor and advise staff in writing and publishing research articles
The goal of this assignment is to increase capacity of university lecturers/junior staff in the area of research and getting articles published.
University of Rwanda
• PhD in a field related to English teaching and learning such as English education, English communication, education, etc.
• At least two years of experience teaching English in a higher learning institution
• Experience in conducting research activities including publishing academic articles and other publications
• Experience in applying assessment strategies and developing appropriate project design
• Ability to quickly adjust and work with staff, students and faculty of diverse backgrounds
• Demonstrated collaboration with people of various backgrounds and abilities
Medical Considerations in Rwanda