TESOL Planet provides the TESOL Teaching community with current TESOL teaching jobs, TESOL Teacher Training, and TESOL Information for those English speaking teachers looking to Teach English as a Second Language around the world. TESOL planet is here to help all TESOL teachers make informed choices about their TESOL teaching career.
Welcome to TESOL Planet!
Job Description - Book Talk Creative Native English Storytelling Instructor
If you are a goofy storyteller, travel the world, learn Chinese/ Cantonese and get paid doing it, look no further!
Book Talk Language Centre was founded in 2009, located in the heart of Hong Kong, 5 mins away from the subway station. At Book Talk, we teach small groups of children aged 1 - 10 years old English, with story being the centre of every lesson we teach as we believe it is the most effective way of engaging the hearts and minds of little ones.
You’ll be able to experience Hong Kong, the city that never sleeps, and its culture. The city within the jungle. The mighty cosmopolitan that is just a quick plane or ferry for other lovely spots in South-East Asia such as Thailand, Macau, Japan, Korea, China, the Philippines, etc.
Our straight-forward teaching program makes it easy to follow and teach kids
Our position: Creative Native English Storytelling Instructor
As the Creative Native English Storytelling Instructor, you will motivate children through your engaging storytelling, interactive and fun games, and help children find their voice as they share their own stories! Helping children love story is what you will do.
Teaching children through our fun story-based lesson plan
Helping run and plan special events to motivate children to learn
Preparing for lessons and crafting sessions
Reporting and monitoring student progress
The right individual will have a chance to contribute towards multiple roles including:
- social media marketer. As the social media marketer, you’ll join our marketing team to increase our company’s presence in the social media atmosphere. You’ll help generate content that engages students and parents alike for information, or educational purposes. Individuals with a background in the Adobe series (Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign, Premiere) and video editing software are preferred.
- creative coding instructor. As the creative coding instructor, you’ll teach children the basics of coding and robotics to children. Children in this class learn to program their very own robots and program their own apps!
- children’s book author. For the writing enthusiasts out there, this is your chance to create engaging stories that will be printed, published, and loved by all! For aspiring authors out there, now is your chance to share your stories with the world.
- children’s story illustrator, and media creator. For the artistically inclined, your work will engage and awe the little ones by giving them visual stimulation for the stories they hear. Using different methods (Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Premiere and/ or other video editing software) including sketches by hand.
- event coordinator. As the event coordinator, you’ll help bring plan and/ or organize fun events for children making special days like birthdays, storytelling sessions, open houses operate smoothly and in a lively manner.
- multi-sports coach and instructor. Little ones have lots of energy, and we want to help children express themselves and channel their energy productively through sports, which may or may not include football (soccer), handball, tag, capture the flag, red rover, etc. indoors or outdoors.
Subjects: children's stories, phonics and writing
Location: Hong Kong
Contract duration: 1 year
Class size: 3 to 7 students class, one-on-one teaching
Start Date: flexible/ continuously hiring
Great chance to get paid international work experience and see the world at the same time
A love of teaching kids is essential.
Must possess a clean background check
A university degree is an asset
Candidates without teaching experience are welcome to apply
Must be prepared to inspire children through story
Decent working knowledge of computers is essential (especially MS office, Google Suite, etc.)
Must possess a valid passport
Must be willing to relocate to Hong Kong for the duration of the work term
Shorter work-terms may be considered on a case-by-case basis (we have internship openings)
Salary and benefits:
$18,000 - $22,000 HKD/ month subject to experience and qualifications
10 days annual leave + statutory holidays
Willing to discuss housing and flight assistance
How to apply:
Please send the following documents to our recruiters at email@example.com to apply
Resume / CV
A recent photo
Your Skype ID
A copy of your highest education completed (university degree, high school diploma, etc.)
We’ll assist with the visa process